Monday, January 3, 2011

It's Here

The time has come. With 2010 now behind us and 2011 ready for action I can finally start focusing on my writings here more effectively. I have only been waiting because I really wanted to get started with a fresh year and therefore, a fresh outlook on life.


Now I have been talking about some big project that I'm planning on starting and now I shall announce it along with a few other resolutions I decided would be good goals to work toward.


First, this blog is going to beging focusing on the James Joyce's book Finnegans Wake. Long considered to be the most difficult book in the English language to read, Joyce's tale utilizes language that he considered to be more akin to dream speech than anything else. It is a book many may consider indecipherable, incoherent or just plain silly and it very well may be; however, my plan is to not only read the book thoroughly but also offer my ideas and opinions on the subject.


I am not the most highly educated individual nor would I claim to be the most suitable person for analyzing Joyce's gibberish. But alas, this is precisely what I intend to do.


Other than that though I did mention other projects. Firstly, I plan on creating more intricate videos for posting on YouTube rather than the vlog style musing I've been doing recently. Secondly, I am going to attempt writing and publishing a children's book by years end. I have some vague ideas of where to take that but have not started quite yet.


And then, that is it, that's all I have in the works currently. Hopefully I can keep it all up and hopefully someone out there is able to find this and enjoy it.


Thanks



[Post Edit]
Forgot to mention, along with the other little (big) projects above I am also planning updating this blog with multiple pages with various focuses and maybe a layout change.

Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment