Friday, December 17, 2010

Something Wicked [poem]

Something wicked this way comes,
gas masks on, they carry their guns.
For freedom, they march
for the nation, they bark.


Yet who am I to question the game?
They pay all my bills, give me a name,
watch me as I'm walking home,
make me think my property's my own.


And yet I feel this sudden urge
to free myself, to fight and purge,
not just for myself but loved ones too,
and try to squeeze my foot into shoe.


But a freedom fighter, sadly, I'm not.
I'm rather complacent stuck in this plot
of secrecy, lies, corruption and greed
until finally one day our visions are freed.


This piece came out of nowhere. I've been watching a lot of dystopian future type stuff lately though and am really beginning to notice similarities to our current political climate.


Regardless, I really felt a desire to write some poetry and this is basically what I had in mind. Nothing spectacular for certain but hopefully you enjoyed it.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment