Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Price of Christmas [poem]

Sunken, sullen eyes
Snotty, sniffeling noses
Sour, snakeskin lips


Surrounded by a sea of depressives
in the most wonderful time of the year
Homicide
Suicide
Drinking...cider with friends and family


Feigning interest
Waning relationships
Taking gifts and leaving


Bodies built up in a ball of bile and blood
and in the middle a crying boy
but only because he wanted that toy.


Not really sure where I was going with this. Walking around department stores lately though I've noticed this beaten and broken look in peoples faces. That was the general inspiration for the poem at least. The realization that, despite my complete adoration, this season takes a bigger toll on most than they may realize.


My first official post on RealityGrounded, I feel accomplished right now. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment