Saturday, July 13, 2013

Man oh man, I need a nap.

Man oh man.

Talk about neglect again.

It's partially my fault for not having had any updates. Does it matter? Not so much I guess, but I do link to the blog from my about.me page. Who knows, maybe someone has stumbled upon it from there. I don't really have followers though and not much motivation for full blown blogging. I stay pretty active on Twitter and Google+ with micro-blogs but really I should be doing more here.

Other than myself though, my current job has had me swamped for the past year. There's been management change left and right, my work load jumped astronomically as the economy started to pick back up, and then my core work duties have been increased at least three-fold if not more.

I need to get back in a better habit of keeping this thing up to date though. Work on BumStar projects has basically come to a halt. I did devote a lot of time in to building resources, purchasing the necessary equipment, and coming up with ideas. Though there are still a few pieces of tech I still need before some things can really get underway.

Initially I had dreams of BumStar being some sort of new media enterprise, I realize now that my ambitions far outweigh any practicality of it becoming such. One does not simple create an empire. Instead, BumStar, is really sort of an experiment. A means of flexing my creative muscles and focusing my energies and attentions on actually creating something.

I had been (and will continue again) working on creating a web-comic detailing the humorously exaggerated adventures of my wife and myself. This is actually pretty simple to work on. I've got a pretty significant amount of comics written, though illustrating and formatting them takes more time. This helps me to focus on my writing in smaller chunks while still trying to form an overall narrative arc. It's also been helping me to develop deeper characters and their dialogues with one another. Having worked on this gave me the motivation to start working on something more long form that's definitely years down the road.

Also in the works, a podcast of some sort. This, I really don't know what to do with yet. I've mulled around some ideas, made a test recording (which was utter shit), and mulled ideas around again. Also, trying to find the time to sit down and record has been a hassle.

My third piece is a secret. I need to keep it internalized so as not to allow myself to feel accomplishment for it until it's actually ready. I think it's going to be great, utterly fun to make, and I really think people will enjoy it once it's done. Unfortunately, it also requires the most equipment to really get started, but the thought of making it excites me more than anything else and I continue everyday to work towards getting it out in to the world.

I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment